Our submission to Ontario’s Acting Auditor General
This page includes an embedded PDF viewer and the ability to download the file. You can also view our Acting Auditor General submission as a web page.
Our submission to Ontario’s Integrity Commissioner
This page includes an embedded PDF viewed and the ability to download the file. You can also view our Integrity Commissioner submission as a web page
Who is Minden Paper?
- We’re a diverse team with lived experience in healthcare, board governance, digital strategy, operations management, financial analysis, nonprofit management and community advocacy.
- We’re deeply concerned about Haliburton Highlands Health Services (HHHS) decision to close the Minden Emergency Department (ED) permanently — with six weeks’ notice.
- We’re committed to seeking and ensuring accountability and transparency from the CEO, Board Chair and Ministry of Health.
- We hope to raise our collective understanding of healthcare planning and provision so that more people can help ensure key decision-makers understand the socioeconomic repercussions of these decisions — and the need for effective stakeholder consultation and governance.
- We’ve researched the decision-making process behind the Minden ED’s closure and its impact on Minden and surrounding areas.
- Our work reflects growing concerns about ED and Urgent Care Clinic closures nationwide.
- We feel it’s incredibly important to ensure key decision-makers and stakeholders understand the criticality of access to safe, reliable, accessible public healthcare.
- We believe the closure of the Minden ED serves as a microcosm for what’s happening across Ontario, if not the entire country.
Contact Minden Paper
For media inquiries, please contact email@example.com
For other inquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org