Our 2024 pre-budget submission
View our 2024 Pre-budget submission as a web page
Our letter to Ontario’s Auditor General
View our letter to Ontario’s Auditor General as a web page
Our letter to Ontario’s Integrity Commissioner
View our letter to Ontario’s Integrity Commissioner as a web page
Who is Minden Paper?
- We’re a diverse team with lived experience in healthcare, board governance, digital strategy, operations management, financial analysis, nonprofit management and community advocacy.
- We’re deeply concerned about Haliburton Highlands Health Services (HHHS) decision to close the Minden Emergency Department (ED) permanently — with six weeks’ notice.
- We’re committed to seeking and ensuring accountability and transparency from the CEO, Board Chair and Ministry of Health.
- We hope to raise our collective understanding of healthcare planning and provision so that more people can help ensure key decision-makers understand the socioeconomic repercussions of these decisions — and the need for effective stakeholder consultation and governance.
- We’ve researched the decision-making process behind the Minden ED’s closure and its impact on Minden and surrounding areas.
- Our work reflects growing concerns about ED and Urgent Care Clinic closures nationwide.
- We feel it’s incredibly important to ensure key decision-makers and stakeholders understand the criticality of access to safe, reliable, accessible public healthcare.
- We believe the closure of the Minden ED serves as a microcosm for what’s happening across Ontario, if not the entire country.